When it comes to curriculum, it is always associated with a set of courses or some scheduled programs in formal education. No matter you want to obtain a bachelor’s degree, an associate degree or a master’s certificate, you will have to learn some professional curriculums first and pass through the examinations. In the past, we have to go to classrooms to learn various curriculums for graduation. But now, with the progress of internet, many people are tending to choose online curriculums because online curriculums bring more convenience and benefits.
Almost all the online schools, no matter fashion or film, medical or art, trade or photography, provide quality online curriculums. As a matter of facts, online curriculums are really more popular nowadays with the following facts:
1. Online curriculums are more flexible than our traditional curriculums. We all know that traditional curriculums only take place in classrooms or some other places. We have to present at this place at certain time, or we may miss some important courses. Nevertheless, online curriculums do not have strict limitations on time and places. Students can start their curriculums at anytime and anywhere (on condition that they can search the internet with a computer or cell phone).
2. Another favorable fact about online curriculums is that they are much easier to access than those in our local schools. Traditional curriculums are only in effective within a short period in classroom. If you have some problems on the course, you will have to ask the teacher next time you meet him/her. But online curriculums allow people another chance when they do not comprehend something. Students can repeat or renew the curriculums at anytime.
3. Online curriculums also accommodate more different learning styles than traditional curriculums do. For traditional curriculums, main learning styles are usually listening, reading, and others. Online curriculums provide many more learning styles. People can learn the curriculums by watching visuals. If you are apt for hands on approaches, there are also professionally designed videos explaining your curriculums in detail.
Major Types of Online Curriculums
Curriculums always come with a wide array of forms. The following is a brief introduction to some of the main types of online curriculums:
• Online Tested Curriculum – This type of curriculum often comes with standardized tests, competency tests or performance assessments. Its contents are usually embodied in these tests.
• Online Hidden Curriculum – Hidden curriculum was coined by Jackson in 1968. This curriculum does not focus on the contents or missions of tasks. It pays more attention to the culture and climate of the school. By learning about the overall climate, students develop a comprehensive cognition about all the programs and courses.
• Online Taught Curriculum – It is about the things that the teacher is intending to teach and deliver. By developing this curriculum, people can check out whether students have got the central idea of the course.
• Online Core Curriculum – This type of curriculum is generally a course of study that is mandatory for all the students. Every course and program has a unique core curriculum and all the students will have to learn to graduate.
Whenever you study the global market, you can always find that there is a continuous craze for the online curriculums. It can be seen that an increasing number of individuals are now depending more on the distance code of curriculums to achieve a better career. Students, married adults and parents are probably the most faithful fans for online curriculums.
Online curriculums are available at all levels of education. No matter you are seeking for an associate degree, a bachelor degree, a certificate or a diploma, you can always get your preferred credentials within a very short time by attending online curriculums. Read more