We all know that graphic design is a creative process that requires much work to do in conjunction with pictures, printers as well as many other related procedures. Learning graphic design can be a very arduous job for most people. Students can obtain graphic design skills by going to professional graphic schools or some universities offering graphic design courses. Actually, many universities and colleges deal with graphic design courses and programs. There is a wide array of professional graphic design schools as well.
Programs and Courses Offered at Graphic Design Schools
Courses and programs that students have to learn at graphic design schools include some of the following:
• Intro to Graphic Design – This is a necessary introductory course for all the graphic design beginners. It helps students to learn about the background and some basics about this course by explaining what graphic design is and how it is applied to the industry, advertises and our daily life.
• Typography – Graphic design students are required to learn all the families related to typography, such as techniques of type design, modifying type glyphs as well as alphabet and letterform design. Sometimes they also should learn how to apply graphic design elements into typographic elements.
• Visual Arts – These programs arm students with knowledge and skills about visual, so that they will understand how they can obtain graphic elements by learning visual art skills. Graphic design elements are originated from visual arts, but they should be more appealing than what people can get from visual arts.
• Printmaking – This is a very easy job. Printmaking is a simple process that prints your art works on papers. Some graphic design schools do not require students to master this skill. Actually, we have photocopy rooms everywhere.
• Digital Design and Animation – It is one of the basic courses for graphic design learners. Students will have to learn some drawing skills about ichnography, animation, interfaces as well as many other things in order to apply their art works into television, gaming, advertising and many more other industries.
Traditional Graphic Design Schools VS Online Graphic Design Schools
If you are thinking to start your graphic design course at some excellent schools, you will face two distinct types of graphic design schools: our traditional graphic schools and some burgeoning online graphic design schools. It depends on you to go to either of them. The following is some basic information about them, which may help you make a wise decision.
1. Common Points Between Traditional and Online Graphic Design Schools
• They are fully accredited.
• They both offer associate degrees.
• They have professional teachers.
• Both of them provide group discussions and critiques.
• They both offer professional graphic design courses and programs
2. Differences Between Online and Traditional Graphic Design Schools
• Unlike traditional graphic design schools, online graphic schools feature more flexibility in terms of time and schedule. Students do not need to go to classrooms for scheduled courses. They can learn at anytime and anywhere at online graphic design schools.
• Most traditional graphic design schools provide bachelors and master’s degrees. But online graphic design schools do not issue these two degrees.
• Online graphic design schools do not allow hands on practice and face-to-face communication between students and teachers, which are very important course arrangements in traditional graphic design schools.
Want to be a graphic designer in the future? Planning to apply for a graphic design diploma? Getting a graphic design certificate seems to be a very hard thing because it always involves a very long time of study on series of professional studies and practices. However, we can always find some quick ways to obtain credible graphic design degrees within a short time!
It is true that distance learning is now becoming more and more popular and it is now sought after by millions of individuals across the world. Applying for distance programs and courses is really a good and effective way for us to receive certain degrees and certificates within only several months. Read more