With the development of internet, many schools and colleges are starting to deal with online programs and classes, including online associate degree. Online associate degree is an undergraduate program which requires certain credit hours. Students will have to complete all the credits in order to graduate successfully. For most people, online associate degrees are probably the shortest route to get a degree. Online associate degrees are much easier to obtain than those from local schools and universities.
Why Choose Online Associate Degree Programs?
The most favorable reason to choose online associate is that it helps to save us more time and money. For example, we have to spend three or four years in local schools for associate degrees, but online associate degrees take us only two years (sometimes the period will be much shorter) to graduate. How much money and time we can save here!
Another appealing factor of online associate degree programs is their flexibility. Online associate degree programs are more flexible than traditional degree programs. You are allowed to control the progress of the courses at anytime and anywhere. If you are on business and have no time for the courses today, you can continue it tomorrow. It is absolutely up to you.
Typical Types of Online Associate Degrees
Generally, there are four types of online associate degrees offered by accredited colleges and universities. So, if you want to apply for an online associate degree, remember that you have only these four choices. Typical types of online associate degrees are: online associate of science, online associate of arts, online associate of occupational studies and online associate of applied science.
• Online Associate of Science – This associate degree mainly deals with subjects and programs related to science and technology. It helps students to make preparations for their further studies. That is, if you complete all the required credits, you will be eligible to some desirable universities for further study. Usually, online associate science degrees are more preferred by people who are planning to get bachelor’s degrees.
• Online Associate of Arts – If a student intends to apply for the associate degree of arts online, he/she has to accomplish at least sixty college-level credit hours. This online associate degree programs aims at providing students more assistance to enter their desirable universities. The courses for this program are probably more difficult than those of other online associate degree programs.
• Online Associate of Occupational Studies – As the name suggests, this is a vocational degree with many applied programs and courses. Students are allowed to enter into the work force as soon as they complete all the courses and get the degree. When they have worked for a few months or several years, they are able to apply for a master’s degree as well.
• Online Associate of Applied Science – Unlike other three types of associate degree, this online associate degree is specially designed for students who do not go after further study in four-year comprehensive universities. It is dedicated to helping people take up a career after the graduation. If you prefer to enter the work force rather than universities, this degree will offer you more benefits.
A degree in marketing can open up many doors to a wide variety of career fields, such as advertising, public relations, development, financing, customer service and sales. To begin a career in marketing, earning an associate degree in marketing could be a good start. You can learn about marketing and business essentials required for the marketplace. An associate degree in marketing can also put you towards earning a bachelor degree. Read more
In today’s high-tech world, no corporation can spring up without relying on information technology to control data and other information. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for employment in information technology will continue a 17% rise through the year 2018. The educational requirement begins with an associate degree in information technology. Read more
Undoubtedly, most people recognize that college plays an important role in getting a good job, especially in today’s society. But the fact of the matter is, not everyone has the desire or time to go to school for four years before they begin to work. The truth is that many people have to get to work sooner rather than later, especially if they need to raise a family. Read more
Accounting is a challenging and rewarding career. If you are considering an accounting career, you might be glad to know that the U.S. Department of Labor projects more than 250,000 new accounting positions that will be created nationwide between 2008 and 2018. It can be an incentive for college-bound individuals and job hunters. Read more
The internet opened the door for distance learning programs of all kinds including associate degree programs in accounting. If you are considering a career as an accountant but have no time to attend a campus-based program, then getting an associate degree in accounting online is a good way to earn the necessary credentials while you are studying from the comfort of your own home. Read more
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of available jobs as registered nurses would continue to increase in the next few years. To be a registered nurse (R.N.) is always your dream? Then, earning an associate degree in nursing is one of the basic requirements in achieving your dream in the United States. Read more
There are many different reasons to consider in earning an associate degree. For instance,
• You are not sure what career / field of study you want to engage
Many kinds of associate degrees such as Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees don’t require you to determine a major. Actually, an associate degree in liberal arts will give you the flexibility to postpone your decision until you have a clear idea of what you want to pursue. Read more
So far as I know, an associate degree is awarded by community colleges, junior colleges, technical colleges and bachelor’s degree-granting colleges and universities. This means you can earn an associate degree from community colleges, 4-year colleges, universities, vocational schools and trade schools. Read more
There could be a number of reasons for an unfulfilled education. Maybe you have not yet received any degree or diploma but you do need a degree now, then what should you do? Don’t you want to get an associate degree that won’t break your wallet? Are you planning to obtain an associate degree in a more convenient and comfortable way?
Getting an associate degree seems to be a very hard task that requires a very long time to finish. However, we can always figure out some quick and easy ways to complete this task with less time! One of the most convenient and effective way to get an associate degree within short time is turning to the internet for help! Nowadays, online associate degrees are coming on the scene and being accepted by the public. Read more