Georgetown University is said to be the oldest Catholic university in the United States.
Established in 1789, Georgetown University is a private, Jesuit research university maintaining its main campus in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington DC. This great university manages as many as 180 academic programs in four undergraduate and three graduate and professional schools.
Is Georgetown University very great? Yes! For such a popular and reputable university, applying for its online courses may be a hard thing. As a matter of fact, Georgetown University’s online programs and courses offer a lot of flexibility for people to get. All of us can get easy access to any of Georgetown University online programs. The following is a brief intro to the basic steps to apply for an online program from Georgetown University.
The first thing we should do is to find out our preferred online courses offered by Georgetown University.
Available online programs at Georgetown University are listed as following:
• Certificate Programs – Georgetown University online certificate programs include Budget and Finance, Business Administration, Business and Professional English, Corporate Executive Leadership, Digital Media Management, Financial Planning, Forensic Accounting, Government Executive Leadership, International Business Management, International Migration Studies, Leadership Coaching, Litigation Technology / Legal Project Management, Marketing, Organizational Consulting and Change Leadership, Project Management, Social Media for Government, Strategy and Performance Management, Diversity Strategy and Nonprofit Management.
• Management Courses – Typical online management courses offered by Georgetown University are Finance and Accounting for No financial Managers, Grant Writing Seminar, Grant Writing Workshop, ITIL+ Foundations as well as Manager as Coach.
• Creative and Communications Courses – Georgetown University provides five types of creative and communications online courses. They are: Fundamentals of Speech Writing, Introduction to Screenwriting, Professional Writing for the Digital Age, Strategic Communications Planning in a Social Media World and Video Storytelling Intensive.
• English as Foreign Language Courses – Georgetown University also has some great online programs for English as foreign courses, such as Business English, Communicative Skills, Essential Idioms, Practical Writing Skills, Pronunciation Workshop, TOEFL Grammar, TOEFL Vocabulary, Comprehension and Reading as well as TOEFL Writing.
Then we should create an application account on georgetown.edu and complete the application form. We should fill in all the required information on the application form, including names, addresses, desirable online programs, purposes and many others. When we finish the application for online, just submit it to the online service center. To successfully get our preferred online programs, we should also hand in the following materials:
• A complete application form
• Two letters of recommendation(recommendations should be completed only by those individuals capable of evaluating your present academic and professional abilities)
• Personal statement (at least 300 words)
• English proficiency
Thirdly, pay for the online courses. When our applications are approved, we will start to pay for the fees required. We can pay online on georgetown.edu or by mail. The charges for different online programs may vary (which can be seen from Georgetown University’s online program website). But they are always much lower than what those traditional courses charge.
The last but not the least, you are able to attend your programs now. Good luck and have an excellent online study!
Note: This web site is not affiliated with or connected to Georgetown University. For accurate and professional information, go to Georgetown University official site.