As a public research and state’s land grant university located in Fort Collins, Colorado State University is a flagship university of the Colorado State University system. Colorado State University is home to approximately 27,500 resident and non-resident students and 1,540 faculties, 8 colleges, 55 academic departments, 65 study fields of bachelor’s degrees and 55 master’s degrees. The research expenditures of Colorado State University ranks second among public universities in the nation according to the survey in 2011.
Is Colorado State University your ideal choice to get further education? Some facts of Colorado State University will surprise you with an amazing variety of rewards, for instance, it has won the first price of “America’s Best College” according to the 2011 U.S. News & World Report and one of the nation’s best institution for undergraduate education by Princeton Review. How about its online education programs? In fact, online courses have many created options, some of which can not be found in traditional classes. Once you enroll in Colorado State University online education courses, you can:
• Have the convenience and flexibility by enjoying online course access 24/7, 365 days at any locations that fit your life.
• Have an access to numerous university resources and use them freely as long as you like. These recourses include email, career service, library service and advising.
• Earn a well recognized and highly respected degree from Colorado State University which has won top rankings consistently. Also, your online degree is obtained by the same faculty and content as the on-campus equivalent, which means, your diploma and transcript have the same effect with those for on-campus students.
• Become a member of its community and discuss or communicate with your faculty, classmates and alumni via available resources such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email, chat room of online courses.
• Apply financial aid in Colorado State University online programs. As the top public universities in the United States in terms of educational quality and affordable tuition fees, Colorado State University allows you to get financial aid and other fee exemptions.
• Join their graduation lunch each spring and take part in on-campus graduation ceremony. For any inconvenience, you can watch the online streaming video of graduation ceremonies.
• Have the ability to download and upload your assignments which is allotted by your faculties.
Well, there are additional benefits of Colorado State University which are worth discovering. Apart from the basic advantages of online courses, are you wondering about the spending for online courses in Colorado State University? In fact, the tuition rates vary by different stage as well as residency. Here is the detailed statistics of some types of costs of Colorado State University.
• The tuition fee for undergraduate is approximately $349 per credit, while the graduate requires $524 per credit, if there is no exception.
• For specific credit courses, engineering requires $675 fees per credit, natural resources for $499 per credit and social work is $466 per credit.
• The tuitions fees also vary by each discipline in graduate degree program separately, for instance, the Computer science requires $649, while the systems engineering is $957.
• From the view of residency, if you are native of Colorado, you can enjoy the low cost of $349 for undergraduate and $466 for graduate. By contrast, for nonresident, it can be high as $1,133.40 per credit for undergraduate and $1,142.90 for graduate. The tuition fees vary annually and refer to U.S. currency.
• For each registered student who takes credit courses, Colorado State University requires $20 technology fee for technological needs, improvements and advancements.
• Each semester, students are requested to pay non-refundable $40 to companies and sponsors who support the student’s tuition. Failure to pay this service will result in termination of future billing support.
After a bird’s eye view of online course functions and tuition and other costs of Colorado State University, you may be curious about your future major once you get enrolled in here. How does Colorado State University online course look like? In fact, most of its online courses operate weekly. Normally, the typical weekly deadline includes your assignments, exams, participation in discussions and other learning activities.
A secure software platform called RamCT Blackboard which can be used in most of online courses. RamCT Blackboard is a friendly access to various course materials, assignments, exams and discussion groups.
Apart from these, one part of Colorado State University online courses is worth mentioning, that is communicating. In fact, communication together with discussion is a main tool if you can not have your face-to-face class. In this case, the discussion board can be used for contributing your thoughts and experiences which can be shared with your classmates. Some courses require frequent interaction. Thus, interaction can avoid sitting in the corner of the classroom in silence.
By unfolding the picture of online courses gradually, you are getting closer to the real Colorado State University. If there is extended information, we can get started with the description of online majors.
• Online and Distance Learning for Undergraduate Courses
Briefly, if you seek professional or personal advancement, you can select Colorado State University online undergraduate courses without immediately committing to degree program. In Colorado State University, there are dozens of undergraduate courses related to a large variety of fields, including accounting, agriculture, Biochemistry, Economics, Geography, History, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, etc. The following is the description of some representative courses.
This non-business major is designed for student with a basic understanding of the financial accounting role. It focuses on business events and accounting practices which occur in the business cycle. This course allows you to analyze, communicate, interpret financial information in the circumstance of any economic decisions.
This course offers online learners 16 learning modules which can make a better understanding of the contents. The immediate feedback provided by video cases and homework problems allows students to practice the concepts into each module. Also, some module components such as tutorials, quizzes and crossword puzzles are great ways to learn the courses.
2. Computer-aided Design
This course is related to disciplines which concern visualization and drafting. Online learners can learn experience from the computer-aided design (CAD) software and know how computer-aided design is applied in industry. Specifically, you can understand the importance of graphic communications and geometric construction and drafting techniques, CAD hardware and software, etc. This course is suitable if you are student or professional in the fields of architecture, construction, design and engineering.
• Online Learning for Graduate Degrees
In Colorado State University, there are more than 25 different online and distance graduate degrees which are related to Agricultural Extension Education, Business Administration, Computer Science, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Social Work and so on.
These courses reflect the most advances and professional needs in every corner of industry fields. The easy access of online education and blended media graduate degrees are accessible from anywhere in the world. Now you can have a great view of some of its degree programs.
1. Master Degree of Agricultural Extension Education
As a lender in agricultural ground, Colorado State University offers exquisite agricultural extension education in online programs of its kind in the nation. This degree furthers your understanding of agricultural issues and communication skills in formal settings. Some interdisciplinary courses are tailored to suit your special needs with theory and practice.
The degree only accepts online or correspondence or the combination of two, which means, on-campus learning is not accepted in this program. You can win master degree of agriculture by choosing 3 main ways, Plan A, B and C. Normally, Plan A and B requires 30 credits in minimum with master of agricultural, while Plan C sets 36 credits in minimum with master of agriculture extension education degree.
2. Computer Science
Mentioned as top-notch program of Colorado State University, 35-credit coursework-only Computer science degree can be obtained via online education. There are a few subjects of computer science, network security, object-oriented software design, software testing, machine learning application and so on. Normally, you can complete the degree program in 2 years and at least 35 semester credits. You may be afraid of the terminal thesis once you get enrolled in one master degree program. Luckily, this degree requires no thesis.
Moreover, this program is suitable for computer industry professionals or IT workers or any learners who want to improve their skills or change their careers in computer related industry. Plus, applicant should have a bachelor’s degree and 3.0 GPA for all undergraduate coursework and 3.2 GPA for computer science and mathematics coursework especially.
You must be convinced by a vast selection of Colorado State University online education programs and degrees and know the main advantages of online education. Now you may ask yourself, is online learning my cup of tea?
In fact, if you are independent, motivated and can be able to mange your own schedule, you can be succeed as an online student. Thus, you will have more roles in online learning than on-campus classroom.
Note: This web site is not affiliated with or connected to Colorado State University. For accurate and professional information, go to Colorado State University official site.
A degree in marketing can open up many doors to a wide variety of career fields, such as advertising, public relations, development, financing, customer service and sales. To begin a career in marketing, earning an associate degree in marketing could be a good start. You can learn about marketing and business essentials required for the marketplace. An associate degree in marketing can also put you towards earning a bachelor degree. Read more
As we know, in the US there are six regional accrediting agencies providing accreditation for educational institutions, among which the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA) takes charge of the accreditation for the universities, colleges, schools and other educational organizations in its service area. Read more
In today’s high-tech world, no corporation can spring up without relying on information technology to control data and other information. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for employment in information technology will continue a 17% rise through the year 2018. The educational requirement begins with an associate degree in information technology. Read more